You will be the envy of your co-workers with this make-ahead meal!
Spend less than an hour in the kitchen with this recipe and you will have a beautiful and delicious seasonal salad to enjoy during lunch for the next 3 days!
- 16 0z Chicken Breast
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 1 bag of spring mix greens
Sales and Specials for the week of April 1st – 9th
Rhubarb is in season April – May! This is the ONLY time of the year you can come across fresh rhubarb. You will find rhubarb in the produce section at WholeFoods. If you are having a hard time finding fresh rhubarb, then you can always find it in the freezer section at Publix
I found strawberries on sale this week at Fresh Market. You will save $2.00 on a 32 ounce container of organic strawberries or $98 cents on two 16 ounce containers of conventional strawberries.
As always, you can purchase antibiotic-free chicken at Fresh Market on Tuesdays for $2.99 per pound. That is a savings of $4.00!
Also, check out Ibotta where you can earn cash back on everyday items you need to prepare your meals. Right now you can earn $10 if you sign up HERE as a new member and redeem your first offer.
1. Use tongs to carefully place chicken breast into a large pot of boiling water
2. Chop strawberries and rhubarb and set aside
3. Place rhubarb on a baking sheet and roast until tender
4. Cleaning Break – Wash cutting board, tongs, and knife
5. Place strawberries and balsamic vinegar into a sauce pan and sauté on low-medium heat until vinegar reduces to a glaze
6. Remove pistachio from shells and crush in a mortar
7. Place crushed pistachios in an air-tight container
8. Discard shells
9. Remove rhubarb from the oven and set aside in a large mixing bowl
10. Combine the roasted rhubarb with strawberries and balsamic glaze
11. Carefully remove boiled chicken from pot and place into a colander. Cleaning Break – Allow chicken to cool as you clean the sauce pan, spoon, spatula, baking pan and pot.
12. Rinse boiled chicken lightly under cool water as you pull apart the meat.
13. Place pulled chicken into large mixing bowl and combine until meat is fully coated with balsamic glaze
14. Fill three containers with spring mix greens and top with freshly ground pepper. Fill three additional containers with strawberry-balsamic glazed poultry and rhubarb.
15. Cleaning Break – Wash mixing bowl, colander and tongs. Now you have cleaned all tools you used to create this meal!
16. Top spring mix greens with fresh ground pepper and crushed pistachio. You can also help keep the pistachios crispy by placing them in a small container. This is a great way to reuse medicine cups! They keep my salad toppings handy and fresh in the container until I am ready for them.
Enjoy the salad cold or reheat the chicken before placing over the mixed greens.
Make these recipes your own! The recipes do not include salt so add sea salt in moderation if needed. Experiment with fresh herbs and spices for additional flavor.
Please share your feedback or send recipe requests to email@example.com